Terms & Conditions
1) In this Agreement the following terms shall have the meanings hereby respectively assigned to them.
Hirer: The person named as such overleaf.
Driver: The Hirer and/or other person named as such overleaf or any other person specifically approved by the Lessor to drive the vehicle during the duration of this agreement.
Vehicle: The original vehicle described overleaf or any replacements thereof.
Accessories: The spare wheel, tools or any other items with which the vehicle is supplied and any replacements thereof.
Rental Period: The period from the date and time out stated overleaf until the re-delivery of the vehicle into the physical custody of the Lessor.
Rental Charges: The hire charges for the rental period calculated in accordance with the Lessor’s current tariff.
Availability: In the event of a vehicle not being available a full refund will be issued.
Refuelling Charge: A charge is added to the cost of the amount of ‘Top-Up’ fuel needed when the vehicle is returned to the Lessor. Calculated in accordance with the Lessor’s current tariff. Rental by the hour will incur a fuel by the mileage charge.
Excess Amount: The sum specified overleaf as the excess amount.
Excess Waiver Fee: A fee calculated in accordance with the Lessor’s current tariff which limits the Hirer’s liability to pay the excess amount to the amount of the non-waiverable excess.
Non Waivable Excess: The Hirer’s liability will be limited to the amount of the non waivable excess if Excess Waiver is purchased in accordance with the Lessor’s current tariff or is part of an inclusive tariff rate offered by the Lessor.
The Insurance Policy: The Lessor’s policy of the insurance on the vehicle a copy which is available for inspection at the rental location.
2. The Hirer acknowledges that:
(a) the vehicle is fit for their purpose and undertakes to return it and its accessories to the place and on the date due back specified overleaf.
(b) they have received the vehicle free from apparent defects or damage (except as indicated overleaf);
(c) the Lessor has no liability in respect of any injury, loss or damage arising from the use of the vehicle, nor shall the Lessor be liable for any indirect loss or damage, or, in the case of consumers, damage which was not foreseeable by both parties.
(d) The Lessor shall not be liable for damages arising from defects or mechanical failures which are not attributable to any breach of the Manufacturer’s warranty or any warranty implied by law to take reasonable care or exercise reasonable skill.
3. During the rental period the Hirer shall keep the vehicle and its accessories in his or any approved driver’s possession and shall not allow a third party to take possession of the vehicle or its accessories and when not in use the Hirer shall keep the vehicle and its accessories adequately protected and secured.
4. The Hirer and any driver shall ensure that the vehicle will not be used:
(a) for hire or reward
(b) for racing, pacemaking, rallying, speed testing, driving tuition or similar purposes or for propelling or towing any vehicle, trailer or other object.
(c) in any manner which might render void the insurance policy, or other contract of insurance.
(d) for any illegal purpose or in contravention of any legislation affecting the vehicle, its use or construction.
(e) by any person who:
- (i) is not licensed to drive the vehicle
- (ii) is under 25 years of age or over 69
- (iii) is under the influence of drink or drugs
- (iv) has given a fictitious name, age or address
- (v) has not been approved by the Lessor as a driver
- (vi) has been convicted of a motoring offence the details of which have not been disclosed in writing to the Lessor at the commencement of the hire.
(f) outside England, Wales or Scotland without prior written consent of the Lessor.
5. The Hirer agrees to pay on demand;
(a) rental charges.
(b) any appropriate Excess Waiver and any Refuelling and miscellaneous charges.
(c) the excess amount in respect of each incident resulting in damage to or loss of the vehicle, its accessories or any property left stored or transported in or upon the vehicle, save to the extent that such damage or loss arises from the actions of the Lessor.
(d) all fines, charges, penalties, costs and expenses (including all charges and penalty charges incurred under a charging scheme) incurred in relation to the vehicle by the Hirer or Lessor from the commencement of the rental until the vehicle is returned to the Lessor, except where caused through the fault of the Lessor.
(e) Any Value Added Tax, local or other taxes payable of any respect of any of the above.
(f) Rental by the hour will incur a fuel by the mileage charge.
6. The Hirer shall compensate the Lessor in full on demand for any loss it suffers as a result of any damage, fire or theft to or of the vehicle including loss of revenue to the Lessor for the period during which the vehicle shall remain unavailable for rental by reason of such matters and any claims made by any persons in respect of the vehicle whilst it is in the Hirer’s custody. This clause applies whether you have insurance or not. This clause shall not apply to any loss caused by or the responsibility of the Lessor.
7. The Hirer and any driver shall:
(a) ensure compliance with the terms, conditions and limitations of the insurance policy, which shall be deemed to be included in this agreement as if the same were fully set out herein.
(b) inform the Lessor of any loss of or damage to or fault developing in the vehicle as soon as the Hirer or driver becomes aware of the loss, damage or fault.
(c) at the request and cost of the Lessor permit to be done in his own name all acts and things as may be reasonably required by the Lessor for the purposes of repairing the vehicle or enforcing any rights or remedies or of obtaining relief from other parties in respect of any loss of damage to or in connection with the vehicle or its accessories.
(d) indemnify the Lessor against such loss as is recoverable at law where that is incurred by reason of a breach of this Agreement by the Hirer or any driver.
(e) ensure that maximum payload and individual axle plated weights are not exceeded.
(f) be responsible for the loading or unloading of the vehicle.
(g) obtain or maintain any necessary operator’s license.
8. The Hirer and any driver shall not:
(a) without prior consent of the Lessor incur any liability for repairs to the vehicle.
(b) be agent or servant of the Lessor for any purpose.
(c) make any claim for loss of or damage to any property left or stored or transported in or upon the vehicle unless due to our negligence. The Hirer may purchase insurance to cover such loss or damage by initiating the relevant space overleaf.
9. Even if an excess waiver fee paid, the Hirer shall be responsible for payment of any excess amount where the loss of or damage to the vehicle or its accessories arises from the negligent or willful action of the Hirer or any driver.
10. If the Lessor agrees to allow the Hirer to use their own insurance as indicated overleaf, the Hirer must prove that this insurance is valid for the whole of the Rental Period and have signed to confirm this overleaf. The Lessor must be satisfied that the cover and policy conditions, which may not changed. The Lessor may ask your insurers to record their name as owners of the vehicle. If the vehicle is damaged or stolen the Hirer will allow the Lessor to negotiate with the insurers about whether the vehicle can be repaired or the amount of compensation due. The Hirer is financially responsible for settling the claim and paying all costs if the policy does fails and the vehicle is damaged, lost or stolen, or a claim is made by another party.
11. If the Hirer is involved in an accident they must not admit liability at the scene. The Hirer will be responsible for collecting the names and addresses of everyone involved including witnesses. The Hirer should make the vehicle secure, inform the police immediately if someone is injured or that liability is in dispute. The Hirer must then inform the Lessor immediately who will provide an accident report form which must be completed and returned within two working days.
12. The period of hire as specified overleaf shall not be extended without the Lessors express authorisation in writing and in any event the period of this Agreement shall not exceed 90 days.
13. HGV Driving License is required for all vehicles over 7.5 tonnes gross weight. HGV Driving Licenses MUST be accompanied by a current and valid ordinary driving license.
14. If the Hirer does not comply with any of the material conditions of this Agreement he shall return the vehicle to the Lessor immediately and pay to the Lessor on demand such loss as is recoverable at law where that loss is caused by the Hirer’s non-compliance. Where the Hirer fails to return the vehicle the Lessor shall be at liberty to retake possession of the vehicle and all reasonable costs and expenses incidental to recovery of the vehicle shall be paid by the Hirer to the Lessor on demand.
15. Any addition to or alteration of the terms and conditions of this Agreement should be agreed upon writing by the parties.
16. The Hirer agrees that the Lessor may use any information given to carry out market research. If the Hirer in any way breaks this Agreement then the Lessor may give this information to credit reference agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), debt collectors and any other relevant organisation.
17. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to exclude or restrict the Lessor’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence or any other liability of the Lessor which cannot be excluded as a matter of law.
Monthly Hires Terms & Conditions
All prices are plus VAT at 20%. The vehicles rented must be insured by a reputable insurance broker and evidence of cover must be provided before the vehicle is delivered. If required Paull’s can provide your business with a competitive insurance quote on any vehicle you decide to hire from us.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE PART OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT